Terms & Conditions.
- The vehicle specifications that are contained on our website may contain technical and / or descriptive inaccuracies and typographical errors. Whilst every effort is made to represent details accurately on our Web Site, as variations or errors may occur so the information contained on our Web Site does not constitute an offer for sale of any particular vehicle, accessory or specification. The information in these pages may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date.
- All trade marks, names, and logos are the proprietary marks of us or of our associated companies. Marks identifying third parties are owned or licensed by those third parties or their associated companies. Nothing in these terms and conditions in any way confers on you any licence or right under any trade marks, names or logos.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you may not copy, reproduce, redistribute, download, republish, transmit, display, adapt, alter, create derivative works from or otherwise extract or re-utilise any of the contents of the Website. In particular, you must not cache any of the contents for access by third parties nor mirror or frame any of the content of the Website nor incorporate it into another website without our express written permission from Evans Parker.
- If any of these terms and conditions shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the enforceability of any of the remaining provisions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you must stop using the Website immediately.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Payments and reservation of vehicles.
- An exclusivity fee can be taken to hold any vehicle pending final purchase to avoid disappointment, further details on this below.
- Payment for your vehicle can be made via the following methods :
- UK Issued Personal Debit card / Credit card.
- Cash (up to a maximum of £2500.00 per transaction).
- Bank transfer (Vehicle can only be released upon receipt of cleared funds in our collection account)
- Business credit or debit cards and non UK issued cards incur an administration charge, charges vary according to card so please enquire to confirm fees applicable prior to purchase.
- Finance can be arranged upon request through our panel of lenders. Evans Parker is a credit broker, not a lender and cannot guarantee your application’s acceptance for any particular plan or product.
Part Exchange and offers to purchase.
- All part exchange valuations and offers to purchase of vehicles sight unseen are subject to a physical inspection and test drive of the vehicle in question by a repesentitive or agent of Evans Parker. Once the mechanical and cosmetic condition of the vehicle has been accepted by the representitive or agent of Evans Parker a formal valuation and offer to purchase will be issued.
- All formal valuations are guaranteed for 7 calender days from the date of valuation.
- All images of the vehicles are owned exclusively by Evans Parker and are not to be reproduced or used for any other purpose without express permission from Evans Parker.
Click & Collect and Vehicle Exclusivity
- By You paying £99.00 – £500.00 via the Reserve tab You agree You are arranging exclusivity with regards to the chosen vehicle. This thereby enables Us to remove the vehicle from retail sale and apply a reserve status for You. The amount of the exclusivity fee is subject to variation at the sole discretion of Us and will not be less than £99.00 per vehicle and typically £450.00. On receipt of the exclusivity monies We will remove a vehicle from sale to the general public for a period no longer than 7 days.
- If You are requesting exclusivity for a vehicle via the electronic facilities on our Website www.EvansParker.com (or any other url Used under license by Us) then We will remove a vehicle from sale to the general public for a period no longer than 7 days and You have an obligation to be in contact with Us via one of our stipulated methods within 24 hours of placing the exclusivity reservation. Failure to do so will result in Us acting in good faith in assuming that Your intention is to rescind the transaction. As a result, the vehicle will be removed from reserved status and any monies received as cleared funds in our bank account will be returned in full to Your original source of funds.
- In the event where We fail to arrange Secured Finance or Unsecured Finance for You once You have reserved a vehicle and You are unable to obtain it elsewhere, You are entitled to a full refund of the exclusivity fee monies less any failed appointment charges as defined below. These monies will be returned to You by Us by way of manual cheque or if a debit/credit card was used for the original deposit, by way of refund to that payment card.
- Your exclusivity is valid once You receive either a verbal or written (via email and/or text) “confirmation of exclusivity” from Evans Parker.
- We may be unable to accept an exclusivity fee under certain circumstances. We will advise You by email if this is the case within 24 hours.
- We reserve the right to withdraw exclusivity if a part exchange value cannot be agreed upon in principal.
- Upon Your scheduled appointment following reservation, You are not obliged to drive away on the day but to confirm the purchase We may ask for a further deposit and settlement of the balance within a further 7 days of viewing the vehicle.
- In the unlikely event that the readiness or preparation of Your vehicle be delayed We will advise You in writing via email and/or text with a minimum of 24 hours notice and offer an extension to Your exclusivity.
- Failed Appointment Charge: We reserve the right to invoke a Failed Appointment Charge of £100 per instance to compensate Us for costs incurred for a failure by You to meet an agreed appointment made with Us that was previously confirmed in writing via email and text. Failed Appointment Charges will be waived should You provide in writing a minimum of 24 hours’ notice of Your inability to meet the agreed appointment. An appointment includes agreed dates and times with a 30 minute leeway to view a vehicle on which exclusivity has been arranged and also appointments to take delivery of the Goods.
Buy Online with Delivery. Distance Selling & Cancellation.
If you have ordered and taken delivery of your vehicle without visiting our showroom and you are not buying the car in the course of your trade or business or obtaining it on hire-purchase finance, the following cancellation clauses apply:
- All vehicle deliveries will be charged for on a separate invoice. Our standard delivery is available on all vehicles to be delivered within 25 miles of our offices by distance driven. Any vehicle requiring delivery to an address greater than 26 miles from our offices by distance driven will be treated as a ‘special delivery’.
- For reasons of fraud prevention, we are only able to deliver to your home address and, prior to arranging delivery, we will require your photocard driver’s licence to be verified by the post office. We will not arrange to deliver the car to you until we have received this.
- Upon receipt of your vehicle it is imperative that you fully inspect its physical condition. Once you have signed to accept the vehicle we will, unfortunately, not accept liability for any damage which was not noted during your vehicle’s delivery.
- You are entitled to a “cooling off period” in which you can change your mind about your purchase. This period begins from the day we deliver your vehicle to you and is valid for 14 days.
- If you wish to return your vehicle then we must be notified in writing within this 14-day period. Upon receipt of your request we will contact you to acknowledge receipt and make arrangements for your order to be cancelled.
- Your vehicle must be returned to us within 14 days of your cancellation. This 14-day period will begin from the day we acknowledge your refund request.
- Your refund will be made within 14 days of the vehicle being returned to us. This 14-day period will begin from the day we sign to accept return of the car to our premises.
- Delivery of your vehicle will take place at an agreed time and place. Should you, for any reason, be unable to accept this delivery then you will be liable for the full cost of this delivery and any subsequent charges to return it. In the event of cancellation this amount would be deducted from your final refund amount.
- You are fully liable for the vehicle from the point of accepting delivery. If you choose to cancel within your cooling off period then you remain fully liable for the vehicle until one of our selected delivery companies have signed to accept it from you. You will be fully liable, and charged, for any damage present on collection up to £100.00 + VAT in repair costs which was not noted when you accepted delivery of the vehicle. These additional damage rectification costs up to £100.00 + VAT will be deducted from your final refund amount. If the vehicle has sustained damage exceeding £100.00 + VAT in repair costs the vehicle cannot be returned.
- To obtain a full refund on the vehicle purchase price you can examine the vehicle as you would have had you visited us for a personal inspection and test drive but you must not start using it, install anything into it, remove anything from it, swap any components or modify it. The vehicle must be returned in ‘as supplied’ condition with a maximum additional mileage of 10 miles from the recorded delivery mileage is allowed. If you cover any additional distance then an excess mileage charge of £2.50 + VAT per mile will be deducted from your final refund amount up to a maximum of 50 additional recorded miles.
- The option to change your mind and return the car ends after you have driven it for more than 50 miles.
- To receive a full refund on vehicle purchase price, make sure the vehicle (and any free items that came with the vehicle) are unused with the exception of the additional 10 recorded miles as above and in a resaleable condition.
- To receive a full refund the exterior of the vehicle and passenger cabin and boot of vehicle that you wish to return must be cleaned. Do not clean the engine compartment. We cannot accept returns on vehicles that have had the engine compartment washed / cleaned / dressed.
- Any standard delivery cost charged to you as part of your order will be fully refunded. Any special delivery cost charged to you will be deducted from the final refund. Additionally, you will be liable for any collection costs incurred and this amount will be deducted from your final refund. Please note that, should you choose to cancel your order, collection of the vehicle will be charged at the full rate. We will fully inform you of any costs before arranging collection and will not make any arrangements without your prior consent.
- You are able to make your own arrangements for return of the vehicle but, in doing so, accept full liability for the vehicle until it is returned to us. Any damage caused to the vehicle subject to the values and terms previously stated will be deducted from your final refund amount and, in the case of any insurance claim being raised, no refund will be made until payout from the relevant insurance company has been made to us in full.
- No refund amount will be made until the vehicle has been inspected, identifying numbers checked and matched and signed for by a member of our team. If we intend to make any deductions from your final refund amount then you will be made aware of that amount prior to the refund.
What are the charges for returning a car?
- Most customers jump straight into their new car to take it for a spin and it’s the best way of getting to know your car. Every vehicle has an initial test drive allowance of ten miles. Beyond this, we do charge for use of the car if you decide to return it up to a maximum of 50 additional miles recorded, beyond which the vehicle cannot be returned.
- The charges cover any decrease in the value of the car, as well as any work required to return it to retail standard. We charge £2.50 + VAT for every mile beyond the initial 10 miles. If the car is not returned clean then a valet charge of £75.00+VAT will apply and if you don’t replace the fuel used then a charge of £50.00+VAT also applies.
- There will be a monetary deduction in any refund for the additional owner added to the vehicle created by your purchase if the documentation has been submitted to the DVLA prior to your notification of change of mind, which will be confirmed to you prior to the vehicle being collected from you. Furthermore, on such an occasion, £500.00 of any refund will be withheld until we have received from you, at our office, the new registration document issued by the DVLA to you in your name.
- If the vehicle has been subject to a private plate transfer during the purchase process or while in your charge then additional administration charges to reverse the plate transfer will be deducted from the amount returned to you.
- If you need to return a car because we have failed to make good on an issue or as a result of something we have done wrong, we will not charge you for delivery or the return delivery and the refund will include your reservation deposit.
- If, however, you simply change your mind and wish to cancel the order after delivery, you will need to pay the return delivery cost from your address to our premises. Your reservation deposit is non-refundable under the conditions of our Reservation Service.
- If, upon its return to our premises, our receipt and inspection of the vehicle returned, the vehicle we supplied to you is found to have sustained damage with a retail repair cost exceeding £100.00 + VAT of which you did not advise us prior to the vehicle being collected from you, or has been modified or altered from the condition or specification it was delivered to you in, any refund agreed will be void and we reserve the right to charge storage pending your collection of the vehicle from our premises.
- If any part(s) of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
Our cancellation (change of mind) terms relating to The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 do not affect any separate rights given to you in The Consumer Rights Act 2015 or the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended).
If you have any questions please give us a call on 01243 914914, email us, WhatsApp us.
Or use the contact form below and one of our team will be in touch to help to discuss your options.
Back | Home