Evans Parker Returns and cancellations
Evans Parker Returns and Cancellations:
Our customer service advisors will help you throughout the ordering process, from helping to choose the right car for you, through to delivery to your door.
But if it’s not quite what you expected, then you have the right to cancel your order before delivery or return the vehicle under our 14-day guarantee.
We’ve listed the key points of the process and of the guarantee below. These details can also be found in the terms and conditions sent to you with the vehicle order form.
What is the ordering process?
You can reserve your car online or over the phone with a refundable deposit. We will then help to arrange finance if needed and agree any part exchange valuation in principal.
We’ll then send you a Vehicle Order Form outlining all the details of the order including delivery costs for you to confirm your acceptance. Once you do this, this will secure the car and – in most cases – you’ll have your car within a fortnight.
Can I cancel after ordering?
If you have a change of heart, you can cancel at any time before you sign the Vehicle Order for a full refund of the reservation deposit.
Once you sign the Vehicle Order, this will secure the car for you and preparation for delivery will begin. At this point, the reservation deposit will no longer be refundable under the conditions of our Reservation Service, should you wish to cancel.
If I don’t love my new car, how does the 14-day money-back guarantee work?
Once delivered, if you decide that your car isn’t what you were looking for, then you can return it by contacting us within 14 days of delivery provided that it hasn’t been driven more than 50 miles beyond the mileage recorded on the delivery note and is in the same condition as we delivered it to you.
What if the car is damaged when it arrives or the car is of the wrong specification?
We check your car to make sure it’s up to our standards before we deliver it to you, so damage is very rare. It’s also very important that you inspect your car upon delivery, as we’ll ask you to sign a form confirming that it appeared to be in good condition when you received it. If you’re not happy when you inspect, let our delivery partner know or note this on the form and contact us.
If you realise after the delivery that you’re unhappy with the quality, or if the car does not meet the specification ordered, just contact us as soon as possible, ideally sending photos of the issues with the car. Our team will assess your complaint and make arrangements to rectify issues.
All quality issues are dealt with fairly and transparently, in line with the industry standard BVRLA fair wear and tear guide, and we will happily arrange any necessary repair to bring the car to this standard at a minimum of inconvenience to you. If we are unable to rectify issues our team will arrange to collect the car from you and give you a full refund (less charges detailed below where applicable).
Because you are having your vehicle delivered the terms and conditions of your sale change a little bit. To ensure you fully understand how this effects your purchase please carefully read the points below.
The following terms and conditions apply to ordering a vehicle online with delivery.
If you have ordered and taken delivery of your vehicle without visiting our showroom and you are not buying the car in the course of your trade or business or obtaining it on hire-purchase finance, the following cancellation clauses apply:
- All vehicle deliveries will be charged for on a separate invoice. Our standard delivery is available on all vehicles to be delivered within 25 miles of our offices by distance driven. Any vehicle requiring delivery to an address greater than 26 miles from our offices by distance driven will be treated as a ‘special delivery’.
- For reasons of fraud prevention, we are only able to deliver to your home address and, prior to arranging delivery, we will require your photocard driver’s licence to be verified by the post office. We will not arrange to deliver the car to you until we have received this.
- Upon receipt of your vehicle it is imperative that you fully inspect its physical condition. Once you have signed to accept the vehicle we will, unfortunately, not accept liability for any damage which was not noted during your vehicle’s delivery.
- You are entitled to a “cooling off period” in which you can change your mind about your purchase. This period begins from the day we deliver your vehicle to you and is valid for 14 days.
- If you wish to return your vehicle then we must be notified in writing within this 14-day period. Upon receipt of your request we will contact you to acknowledge receipt and make arrangements for your order to be cancelled.
- Your vehicle must be returned to us within 14 days of your cancellation. This 14-day period will begin from the day we acknowledge your refund request.
- Your refund will be made within 14 days of the vehicle being returned to us. This 14-day period will begin from the day we sign to accept return of the car to our premises.
- Delivery of your vehicle will take place at an agreed time and place. Should you, for any reason, be unable to accept this delivery then you will be liable for the full cost of this delivery and any subsequent charges to return it. In the event of cancellation this amount would be deducted from your final refund amount.
- You are fully liable for the vehicle from the point of accepting delivery. If you choose to cancel within your cooling off period then you remain fully liable for the vehicle until one of our selected delivery companies have signed to accept it from you. You will be fully liable, and charged, for any damage present on collection up to £100.00 + VAT in repair costs which was not noted when you accepted delivery of the vehicle. These additional damage rectification costs up to £100.00 + VAT will be deducted from your final refund amount. If the vehicle has sustained damage exceeding £100.00 + VAT in repair costs the vehicle cannot be returned.
- To obtain a full refund on the vehicle purchase price you can examine the vehicle as you would have had you visited us for a personal inspection and test drive but you must not start using it, install anything into it, remove anything from it, swap any components or modify it. The vehicle must be returned in ‘as supplied’ condition with a maximum additional mileage of 10 miles from the recorded delivery mileage is allowed. If you cover any additional distance then an excess mileage charge of £2.50 + VAT per mile will be deducted from your final refund amount up to a maximum of 50 additional recorded miles.
- The option to change your mind and return the car ends after you have driven it for more than 50 miles.
- To receive a full refund on vehicle purchase price, make sure the vehicle (and any free items that came with the vehicle) are unused with the exception of the additional 10 recorded miles as above and in a resaleable condition.
- To receive a full refund the exterior of the vehicle and passenger cabin and boot of vehicle that you wish to return must be cleaned. Do not clean the engine compartment. We cannot accept returns on vehicles that have had the engine compartment washed / cleaned / dressed.
- Any standard delivery cost charged to you as part of your order will be fully refunded. Any special delivery cost charged to you will be deducted from the final refund. Additionally, you will be liable for any collection costs incurred and this amount will be deducted from your final refund. Please note that, should you choose to cancel your order, collection of the vehicle will be charged at the full rate. We will fully inform you of any costs before arranging collection and will not make any arrangements without your prior consent.
- You are able to make your own arrangements for return of the vehicle but, in doing so, accept full liability for the vehicle until it is returned to us. Any damage caused to the vehicle subject to the values and terms previously stated will be deducted from your final refund amount and, in the case of any insurance claim being raised, no refund will be made until payout from the relevant insurance company has been made to us in full.
- No refund amount will be made until the vehicle has been inspected, identifying numbers checked and matched and signed for by a member of our team. If we intend to make any deductions from your final refund amount then you will be made aware of that amount prior to the refund.
What are the charges for returning a car?
- Most customers jump straight into their new car to take it for a spin and it’s the best way of getting to know your car. Every vehicle has an initial test drive allowance of ten miles. Beyond this, we do charge for use of the car if you decide to return it up to a maximum of 50 additional miles recorded, beyond which the vehicle cannot be returned.
- The charges cover any decrease in the value of the car, as well as any work required to return it to retail standard. We charge £2.50 + VAT for every mile beyond the initial 10 miles. If the car is not returned clean then a valet charge of £75.00+VAT will apply and if you don’t replace the fuel used then a charge of £50.00+VAT also applies.
- There will be a monetary deduction in any refund for the additional owner added to the vehicle created by your purchase if the documentation has been submitted to the DVLA prior to your notification of change of mind, which will be confirmed to you prior to the vehicle being collected from you. Furthermore, on such an occasion, £500.00 of any refund will be withheld until we have received from you, at our office, the new registration document issued by the DVLA to you in your name.
- If the vehicle has been subject to a private plate transfer during the purchase process or while in your charge then additional administration charges to reverse the plate transfer will be deducted from the amount returned to you.
- If you need to return a car because we have failed to make good on an issue or as a result of something we have done wrong, we will not charge you for delivery or the return delivery and the refund will include your reservation deposit.
- If, however, you simply change your mind and wish to cancel the order after delivery, you will need to pay the return delivery cost from your address to our premises. Your reservation deposit is non-refundable under the conditions of our Reservation Service.
- If, upon its return to our premises, our receipt and inspection of the vehicle returned, the vehicle we supplied to you is found to have sustained damage with a retail repair cost exceeding £100.00 + VAT of which you did not advise us prior to the vehicle being collected from you, or has been modified or altered from the condition or specification it was delivered to you in, any refund agreed will be void and we reserve the right to charge storage pending your collection of the vehicle from our premises.
- If any part(s) of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
Our cancellation (change of mind) terms relating to The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 do not affect any separate rights given to you in The Consumer Rights Act 2015 or the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended).
If you have any questions please give us a call on 01243 914914, email us, WhatsApp us.
Or use the contact form below and one of our team will be in touch to help to discuss your options.